Re: [yast-devel] Webyast session with consultant
  • From: Martin Kudlvasr <mkudlvasr@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 15:57:12 +0200
On Tuesday 25 August 2009 15:36:07 Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Aug 25. 2009 15:25]:

We also talk about our webclient and what we should improve. We should
have webclient also rest. Especially we should operate easy on hosts.
Karel propose have sub-resources. So url should look like
/hosts/1/systemtime for setting systemtime on first host.

Agreed, but its simply out of scope for the first deliverable.

Also we give another hints how to change our dynamic creating
ActiveResource to normal classes and have in each plugin usual model,
which should contain a lot of functionality and can be easily tested.
(So we should have something like YaSTController as ancestor and
YaSTResource as model ancestor).

This is tempting but I wonder which of our current problems is solved
by this ?!

We were driven by the idea of having webclient as restfull as possible. In
particular we would get rid of storing "site" in session.

Martin Kudlvasr

Klaus
---