Re: [yast-devel] modelling a non trivial REST API
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 09:47:49 +0200
* Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx> [Aug 20. 2009 14:40]:
Hi,

I have noticed that ALL existing plugins have a single REST path, a
single model, a single controller.

It doesn't have to be this way. A service plugin can have any number
of .yml files below config/resources.

How to code the network model? It will have
/interfaces/
/routes/
/dns
/hostname

In particular:
- what about routes
- how to connect to it in the client, using YaST::ServiceResource

Can you share more details about your thoughts on the network model ?
What (real world) 'thingie' is 'routes' going to model ?

This is important knowledge and should be documented with/in your
implementation.

Should I create multiple configs in config/resources?

Yes, please.

I would like them all to share the same YaPI module.

YaPI is 'behind' the D-Bus and shouldn't influence how you construct
the service plugin.

Klaus
---