[yast-devel] WebYaST: Network REST Model v2
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:41:11 +0200
WebYaST REST for Network v2: simplified
(FATE#306699)

* /network

http://mschmidkunz.110mb.com/network.html
Everything goes under /network
But the network services, including a DHCP *server*, will be outside
("/network" may be something else, as specified in
config/resources/network.yml)

The design principle is: keep the config extremely simple, and let
the reading of the actual properties mimic closely the Linux system.
That way we can implement the requested feature and not lose time figuring out
which level of generalization(+) is appropriate for the yet unknown use cases.
+: CIM, NetworkManager, Netconfig, ...

Everywhere the root element can instead contain dhcp: true

* /interfaces/

The key is the kernel name: eth0, wlan0, br0

* /interfaces/eth0
ipaddr:
- 1.2.3.4/24

* /routes/default
route:
via: 1.2.3.1

* /dns (/etc/resolv.conf)
dns:
nameservers:
- 1.2.2.1
- 1.2.2.2
searches:
- bar.com
- bar.org

* /hostname
hostname:
name: trikolka
domain: suse.cz

* /status/{interfaces,routes,dns,hostname}

In the same format, read-only shows the current status (eg. actual IP)
(In the prototype, we start with the configs and do /status
afterwards)

--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner