Re: [yast-devel] Vendor configuration service ?!
  • From: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:09:42 +0200
On utorok 18 August 2009 16:51:54 Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Aug 18. 2009 15:53]:
On 08/18/2009 10:37 AM, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
Hi,

the requirements for WebYaST contain a couple of vendor-configurable
parts. Some are on the frontend (branding), some on the backend (setup
workflow, services, ...).

The current approach is to implement vendor configurations spread
among many backend modules.

I wonder if this is the right approach and if it wouldn't be better to
have a single, shared implementation (class ? service ?) to cover this
all.

A single implementation would ensure consistency in file formats and
locations as well as a single documentation.

This is mostly for Josef and Jiri to agree upon ;-)

Klaus

Yes, I agree.
We should have allocated place (like somewhere in /etc/YaST2) I only
need read permissions to this file.

Actually, I would suggest to use /etc/webyast as to not confuse it with
other YaST2 settings.

Just to be sure, /etc/webyast is directory with configuration snippets,
correct?

Stano