[yast-devel] Re: about the services module direction
  • From: Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 12:15:34 +0200
On Monday 17 of August 2009 11:20:47 you wrote:

I think the design is escaping simplicity, I would propose this approach:

- Having _one_ and only one services plugin in the service side.

The implementation of this REST API would access the init.d scripts, and
additionally would do the following things:
- also read another directory with yml files where and recognize custom
services there. The vendor provides the variables in those yml, and the
services plugin knows how to handle those.
However the LSB services are

- Having ONE, and only ONE web client module for the services

The implementation of the Web client would also recognize a yml file in
certain directory that would allow to hide certain services and allow
branding of others. That way, the vendor can customize what to show.

This was my original approach with the YaPI (before the revert).

However, it was pointed by Klaus that current mandatory feature is to start
and stop just one vendor specific service (fate 306696). That's why I
commited new plugin that should do just such work: showing status of one
given service, starting and stopping it.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960