Re: [yast-devel] status modul - xml
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 10:57:45 +0200
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Aug 14. 2009 08:13]:

Yes, I also face this problem. I solve it by using map or array, so
resulting xml looks like

<status>
<metricgroup group_name="memory">
<metric name="memory-used">
<label type="array"> //array because it is array of measures
<measure>
<dateTime>1250178710</dateTime>
<value>1.4260408320e+09</value>
</measure>
etc.

iirc, the xml format for the monitoring values was discussed before.

Given that values are sampled with a constant interval, it should be
possible to separate timestamps from the values.

E.g.
<metric name="memory-used">
<period>
<starttime>12345678990</starttime>
<interval>5</interval>
<samples type="array">
<value>1.4260408320e+09</value>
<value>1.4284873636e+09</value>

This only includes one timestamp and the interval (assumed 5 seconds)
and then all values in one array.

Klaus
---