Re: [yast-devel] WebYaST: Vendor customization
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 15:47:37 +0200
* Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx> [Aug 13. 2009 15:37]:
On Thursday 13 of August 2009 15:31:27 Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx> [Aug 13. 2009 14:50]:

So far, I'm using yml file (after Klaus' recommendation) as it is easy to
parse and human readable. See attached examples: one is for list of maps
(slightly better readable I assume), the second for map of maps (faster
access). The file is currently expected under /etc/YaST2 directory.

Technically, config file is parsed from YaPI which is called from
rest-service, so it is not bound to webYaST usage and theoretically could
be used together with YaPI from perl scripts.

Ruby provides nice support for yaml files, so there's no need to
involve YaPI here.

The reason to involve YaPI is different: SCR layer runs as root after user
passes the permissions checks, so it has rights to access the scripts.

Using the YaPI where its needed is fine. But going via SCR and Perl
for a simple task easily doable within Ruby doesn't look
straightforward to me.

Klaus
---