Re: [yast-devel] Webyast - patch module backend
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 08:46:14 +0200
On 08/04/2009 08:26 AM, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Aug 03. 2009 18:13]:
Hi,
I look at this module and it looks like quite chaotic and not much
readable.

Yeah, it was one of the first modules. I guess, if we look back to our
current modules after we gain more experience, we'll feel an urgent
need to refactor too ;-)

Yeah, I know it :)

I think that I can improve it. What do you think about separate package
kit handling to separate library, set model as usual at other modules
(and use pkgkit library) and controller should contain only error
handling?

Looks like a reasonable approach. However, patch module is not of
highest importance right now. So I'd suggest to postpone its
refactoring and work on other modules first.

OK.

Klaus
---

Josef Reidinger
YaST team
maintainer of perl-Bootloader, YaST2-Repair, webyast modules language
and time