Re: [yast-devel] RFC: splitting yast2-core package
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:04:39 +0200
* Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx> [Jul 29. 2009 13:49]:
On Wednesday 29 July 2009 13:18:52 Ladislav Slezak wrote:
Hi all,

Currently yast2-core package requires also DBus and PolicyKit packages
(because of the DBus service and the DBus agent).

This makes updating or compiling the interpreter more complicated and the
DBus service is always installed (even when not needed) which is bad from
security point of view.

Do we really have situations where a system is usable without DBus? At least
for openSUSE I'm not aware of a working system without DBus - do you?

Splitting off the YaST D-Bus service from the YaST core package makes
a lot of sense as we're expecting more changes for the former than the
latter.

And issueing a yast2-core update every time WebYaST needs a D-Bus service
adaption might scare enterprise customers...

So I'm all for the split.

Klaus
---