Re: [yast-devel] webyast, some issues
  • From: josef reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 10:01:29 +0200
Stefan Schubert napsal(a):
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. schrieb:
So, another round of tests :-)

- Permissions setup

In theory, there are 2 groups of permissions:

- the ones for the service, which allows it to read policykit
permisions, execute scr/YaST calls, and do some packagekit stuff.

- the per service ACLs, which represent resources, and that ones are
used by the service to check if the logged user has permission (when
it is a pam user), which are executed by the service if the user is
authorized by using his powers coming from the permissions above.

To quicly setup the permissions, policyKit-rights.rb uses polkit-auth
$user --
explicit to see what permissions are on. This option excludes
permissions set by adding a match tag on PolicyKit.conf, is that
intented?

The same things does then the system_check tag, which complains that
some actions are not authorized for current user, even if they are
using PolicyKit.conf (which is not explicit).

I think we should not use PolicyKit.conf at all. It has been a
workaround only
during the beginning of WebYaST.

I also run into this problem in beginning. Problem is more difficult as
policykit bindings used in backend and in dbus layer of YaST respect
PolicyKit.conf so it cause at least confusion.

CCing Marcus and Ludwig here :-)

- Login slow

It seems the health status (or something else) takes some time, and
makes the impression login would take forever.

Yes you are right. Patch evaluation takes so long. I think that will be
a nice
task for Ajax :-)

Yes, I plan work on it tomorrow when I be at work, I already prepare
ajax stuff in patch module itself (it really need some improve as it
time to much time, so maybe I change it little, because to filter is not
ajax good when it time too much time to show the most important info on
page).

- tests

How are tests in all plugins supposed to be run? I am confused with
some tasks being at the top-level, others shared in webservice-tasks,
others specific to the webclient or service, and other stuff is
implemented in script/something (why not a task?)

I think that it is not good use own test task, as it cause some
problems. I think we should prefere using general rake test task as I
use it in language and time (I hope miso send my change)

- How is, in a similar fashion packaging done? (in order to integrate
it to hudson).

It is in specific Rakefiles now....but It cause few problems. At first
it package even things which is not in git (like my nbproject for
netbeans) so I must manually exclude this. I think that it should be
moved to general webservice tasks as check for uncommited (and unpushed)
changes, clone repo and pack it with respect to the file where is
specified exceptions.

Duncan