Re: [yast-devel] DVD - insert/change request procedure
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 09:06:41 +0200
Hello,

Robert Schweikert erote:
Hi,

Is there a canned way to request the user to insert the next DVD? When SUSE
was
distributed on multiple CD-ROMs this existed, is this stuff still around and
easy
to use from a shell script?

I don't know if it's possible to do it from shell directly (e.g. via zypper).
Maybe you'll need a python script...

I am working on a project that requires more than 1 DVD. Once the stuff from
the
1st DVD is installed the system will boot from the hard drive. Once the
system is
up and running I need the user to insert the 2nd DVD to get the data. Thus I
am
looking for an easy way to get a dialog posted, the DVD mounted etc, such
that I
can just copy the data to where I need it to be.

AFAIK there is no such function to request a certain medium, but the trick is
to request a file from the second medium. Libzypp will detect that there
is not the expected medium in the drive and it will request it. Then you just
copy
the provided file, libzypp will take care or media checking, mounting, etc...

(If you have more questions use zypp-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxx ML for zypper/libzypp
related
questions.)

--