Re: [yast-devel] ActionController::Session::CookieStore::CookieOverflow
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:16:54 +0200
* Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx> [Jul 13. 2009 15:36]:
* Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxx> [Jul 13. 2009 14:27]:

I hoped that I was not the first one who saw this issue :-/

Sorry, I should have kept the cookies :-(

Don't worry, I just got this error myself :-}

Got it !

Googling for 'cookieoverflow' led to uncommenting
config.action_controller.session_store = :active_record_store
in config/environment.rb

Then
rake db:sessions:create
and
rake db:migrate

This moves the session store to the database and only stores a small
database ID in the session cookie.

Then
sqlite3 db/development.sqlite3
select data from sessions
then copy-and-paste to a tempfile

The tempfile is already approx. 8k large, clearly more than the 4k
cookie limit ;-}

Doing
base64 -d <tempfile>
finally revealed the real problem:

ActionController::Flash::FlashHash contained a complete Exception
stack trace.

Lesson learned:

DO NOT STORE EXCEPTION TRACES IN flash[]

;-)

Klaus