Re: [yast-devel] messing with /etc/PolicyKit/PolicyKit.conf
  • From: Stefan Schubert <schubi@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:03:56 +0200
Marcus Meissner schrieb:
On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 09:40:00AM +0200, Martin Vidner wrote:
Hi,

jsrain is trying to get WebYaST running from git.
In http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Web/Development#Setup_permissions
it says to edit PolicyKit.conf. Will this not confuse the
permission handler? AFAIK it checks for explicit permissions only.
I think there is a helper script that sets up the explicit
permissions, right? How to call it?
The permissions will be set via polkit-auth. Patching PolicyKit.conf
has been a workaround only. ( Perhaps just for developping)
Also, at some time our scripts used to mess with PolicyKit.conf.
RPMs must not do that. Is that removed by now?
This was in former version of the rest-service ( RPM postinstall)
But the latest version does not have this PolicyKit.conf changes
anymore.

Greetings
Stefan

Ludwig Nussel is the guy to ask. I have forwarded your mail.

Ciao, Marcus

Stefan Schubert
SUSE LINUX GmbH - Maxfeldstrasse 5 - D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
e-mail: schubi@xxxxxxx