Re: [yast-devel] Webyast and jrails plugin
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 09:42:06 +0200
* Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx> [Jul 07. 2009 09:35]:
Hi,
after short discussion on ruby-dev channel and my attempt to write ajax
remote call in jquery, I found that if we use jrails plugin we don't
break anything as current script.aulo helpers break jquery stuff and
cannot be used. So if developer want use rails helper, jrails at least
don't break jquery functionality and if it doesn't work they can
always use pure jquery without any helpers.
Does anyone have any opinion why don't add jrails plugin? (and if so,
then please specify fully working jquery stuff that act as observer ajax
helper :)

The key question is maintainability. I'm all for jQuery (and jrails)
as long as someone steps up and is willing to handle L3 calls on it.

Klaus
---