Re: [yast-devel] Question about Python and Ruby bindings
  • From: Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 09:42:27 +0200
Jeff Shantz wrote:
Second question, out of interest. I see that Ruby bindings exist for
YaST, but haven't seen much documentation on them except for a few
blog posts from 2007. Are the Ruby bindings production ready, or
still considered unstable?

There are examples in the source tree.

They are not complete though. I did not want just to make "wrappers" and
I was looking for a good concept to make the UI part more "rubyst",
specially after Stefan Hundhammer splitted libyui out, there was an
opportunity to use libyui without the ycp bindings, but I never got to
finish that.

However, Klaus has been testing them as a solution to access the ycp
module APIs from rails, with good results.

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Engineering Manager, YaST