Re: [yast-devel] Yast webservice - sharing .rake files
  • From: Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 10:06:47 +0200
Ladislav Slezak wrote:

It's possible to redefine a task, but it's not simple,
see e.g. http://blog.jayfields.com/2008/02/rake-task-overwriting.html
or http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/2032

Or we could use another approach, including of the predefined tasks
is done by this code (which must be in every plugin):

Dir["/srv/www/yastws/lib/tasks/webservice/*.rake"].each { |ext| load ext }

What is the final goal of this?

We also will have duplication of tasks between the web service and the
web client, therefore it makes more sense to have the rake tasks defined
in their own gem/library, where also stuff we use across both
environments can be moved to.

Once the tasks are in a library we don't need to hardcode paths anymore.

--
Duncan Mac-Vicar P. - Engineering Manager, YaST