Re: [yast-devel] Yast as a DBus service
  • From: Stefan Schubert <schubi@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:34:54 +0200
Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett schrieb:
Ladislav Slezak wrote:
Hi all,

I'd like to announce the Yast DBus service which is now available in SVN Trunk
and in
FACTORY. You just need to install yast2-core-2.18.7 package [*].

The new service can export every Yast name space, even non YCP modules like
Users
(Perl) or Pkg:: (C++).

This service should be used as the base component for our new Yast Web
interface.

For more information look at
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/DBus_Service/Description

I'm looking forward to your feed back.

Ladislav, can you show us a more concrete example?

For example, I want to enable the firewall, and open port 8080, using dbus.

1) what would be the policykit policies for this
2) what would I need to call via dbus?

One nice example is here:

core/dbus/namespace_service/doc/YaPI_Samba.examples

Stefan Schubert
SUSE LINUX GmbH - Maxfeldstrasse 5 - D-90409 Nuernberg, Germany
e-mail: schubi@xxxxxxx