Re: [yast-devel] Re: Timeout problem in SCR DBus service
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 15:20:48 +0100
Ok, I did some tests on the timeout problem now. Here are the results:

1. The proposed patch (moving the connection.setTimeout() call after
the connection.receive() call) is a *huge* improvement.
Instead of ~15 secs, my testcase runs in fractions of a second.

2. The timeout (connection.setTimeout) and the alarm
(DBusServer::resetTimer) times are related.
Apparently, the SIGALARM is only handled outside the
connection.receive() function, when the main loop of DBusServer.cc
is executed.

Esp. result 2 makes the whole signal/alarm logic questionable, as this
could easily be moved into the main loop.

Ideally, the connection.receive() should handle the timeout and return
either with a message (to be handled) or a timeout (shutdown service).
But coding DBus without glib seems to be black magic after all ... ;-)

Klaus
---