Re: [yast-devel] Writting to SCR before system installed
  • From: Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:37:11 +0100
Dne pondělí 19 Leden 2009 20:06:15 Lee Leahu napsal(a):
Hi List,

I'm developing a module that will run as part of the autoyast installation
workflow.

It prompts the user for certain details that are only know at the time of
auto installation.

I've already included that module and a blank /etc/sysconfig/file file
into the Installation System's cramfs image.

The process that I designed works like this:
- when autoyast starts, ask the user for the settings
- use SCR to save the settings to /etc/sysconfig/file
- just before the system is rebooted, copy the /etc/sysconfig/file to the
installed hard drive.

Here's the prompt. With step #2, I call SCR::Write but it doesn't write!
I don't see any errors /var/log/YaST2/y2log either.

Yet, if I run the module manually it rights fine.

Without knowing any details, my guess is that you use the ini-agent for
writing the file. It has cache and writes the settings when YaST finishes or
when being told explicitly.

To dump the caches to the disk, you need to call

SCR::Write (.path.you.registered.the.agent.at, nil), e.g.

SCR::Write (.sysconfig.windowmanager, nil);

Other option would be to store all the data in memory and save it after all
packages are installed; then SCR gets redirected to the target system (I'd
need to know more details to hint how to best achieve it).

Hope that helps,
Jiri

In both test cases, I'm starting the install using the ssh remote
installation method of SLES10. This allows me to log in and fire off yast2
or the custom module itself at will.

Any thoughts? The module is due soon and I don't want to disappoint.

Thanks!

--
Lee Leahu Home Office: 1-815-630-2349
RICIS, Inc. Cell Phone: 1-847-337-3422