Re: [yast-devel] Table popups
  • From: Ricardo Cruz <rpmcruz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:07:05 +0000
Ter, 2009-01-13 às 12:13 +0100, Katarina Machalkova escreveu:
I think you misunderstood me, Ricardo and the original blogpost as well. It
is
about usability and better accesibility of table functions for the users, not
for the developer. As it can be seen on the example in Martin's blog (and it
is not the one and only feedback of this kind), users might get confused
with the fact that table actions (performed on the table items) are accesible
only as push buttons below the table.

Yep, besides what I found interesting about it was the idea to
re-utilize the function keys. If the user pressed Delete, send an event
from the widget the function key is associated with -- beep if
undetermined, like if there's more than one table.

(Obviously there are hypothetical cases where the add/edit/delete
buttons are not related to the table. I dunno about actual cases of
this, and it seems a rather unlikely situation, but if we must, we can
work it out: just see if the table and buttons branch from the same
VBox, and then if they are sequencial siblings.)

Cheers,
Ricardo