Re: [yast-devel] Re: [opensuse-factory] System Ugrade: Previously Used Repositories
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:25:23 +0100
Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
Doesn't Fedora store the .repo file in a package, so updating a package
updates the repo config?

Yes, I thought about that too - we have a special tag <update(s?)> in
.prod file but it (again) means we would have to update the .repo file
(package) before running the upgrade from media.

This means we would have to reinitialize the source and run a simple
update (of product packages) on a running system first.

* User boots the new installation media
* Selects upgrade mode
* YaST checks that the installed .prod files do not contain the update
information
* YaST recommends to reboot to the system and run (some kind of) online
update
* User does so and reboots back to installation media

I don't like it much :) ;)

L.

< Previous Next >