Re: [yast-devel] Re: [opensuse-factory] System Ugrade: Previously Used Repositories
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:09:11 +0100
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 01:53:29PM +0100, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
Martin Vidner wrote:
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 01:15:12PM +0100, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
That would require to initialize the repository at first and then
download an optional file from there, then delete the repository again
and register a new one provided by that file.

Funny how simple things have become. I thought it would be as
complicated as one HTTP GET :-(

HTTP::Get("myurl", Directory::tmpdir + "/myurl.out"); // (yast2-transfer)

Yes, this solution looks quite simple but the "myurl" might be a bit
tricky if it is not a HTTP-based repository. NFS needs to be mounted
first, CD/DVD too, what about Samba? (etc.) And additionally, the
repository uses "URL" + "Product Path".

Duh, I forgot about that, you're right.
So we just want an equivalent of the above Get that works with all
Zypp media and does not require a repo set-up.

--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner