Re: [yast-devel] Table popups
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:29:01 +0100 (CET)

Hello Katarina,

On Jan 13 12:13 Katarina Machalkova wrote (shortened):
I think you misunderstood me, Ricardo and the original blogpost as well. It is
about usability and better accesibility of table functions for the users, not
for the developer.
What users are used to from other GUI applications and what they miss in YaST
UI is:
a) context menu activated by right click on table item (e.g. edit/delete this
item)
b) more function key bindings (e.g. 'Delete' key will do the same what would
pushing delete button do)

Everything is perefectly o.k. for me when there is really
nothing to for YaST module developers like me.

But I wonder how you could implement it e.g. when for a particular
Table the Add or Edit or Delete functionality does not make sense?

I.e. how would your automatism know which PushButton widgets
belong to a particular Table widget so that it can provide
the exact right matching functionality via context menu
and via key bindings?

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex