Re: [yast-devel] Table popups
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 11:26:45 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Jan 13 11:02 Lukas Ocilka wrote (shortened):
Johannes Meixner wrote:

I would like to have a higher-level Table function where I could
define all what belongs to a table at one same place, e.g. like

Table::SetContentsButtons
( caption,
contents,
Label::AddButton(),
Label::EditButton(),
Label::DeleteButton(),
);

(looks intentionally like Wizard::SetContentsButtons ;-)

Nice, but that expects there is only one table widget in the dialog.
In fact, you need a table identifier.

I didn't want to show the final solution - only the basic idea ;-)

Perhaps one could even couple the functionality which
does the actual work so that no identifiers are needed like

Table::SetContentsButtons
( caption,
contents,
add_function_name, Label::AddButton(),
edit_function_name, Label::EditButton(),
delete_function_name, Label::DeleteButton(),
whatever_else_function_name, _("Whatever else button label")
);

When for example edit functionality does not make sense
for a particular Table one could have something like

Table::SetContentsButtons
( caption,
contents,
add_function_name, Label::AddButton(),
nil, nil,
delete_function_name, Label::DeleteButton(),
whatever_else_function_name, _("Whatever else button label")
);

I guess the only parameter for the functions which makes sense
is the ID of the currently selected item in the Table.
Perhaps even better a map of the ID and the actual values
of the Table item so that the called function has the values
directly accessible.
Even for add_function_name the values of the currently selected
item make sense (e.g. to have them as preset values in a dialog
where a new item can be added).

Currently I don't know what to do regarding the return value
of the functions (e.g. how to handle errors).

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex