Re: [yast-devel] SLE11 YaST2 firstboot questions
  • From: Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 08:21:30 +0100
On čt 25. prosince 2008, Gary Ekker wrote:
Hi all,

Hi Gary,

I have a couple of questions as we are now beginning work on SLE 11
preloads.

How does one enable the nice installer theme for yast2-firstboot? I'm
really hoping this is possible, since the yast2 installer theme is so
uber cool.

I'm afraid this is not possible with current state. Maybe with some hacks we
could do it - loading the style could probably be done similar to the Second
stage, but we would need to touch the code for SLE11.

Arvin: is the theme in Second stage (=the same as in first stage) initialized
via start-up scripts?

Second question, is it possible two display two license agreements on
the same step of the firstboot workflow?

No, not with an easy way. Easy way would be, if we'd provide a ycp client
which allows this. (The difficult way, which is available always is that
customer provides its own ycp code that displays it...)

This is how another operating
system does it, and it is a huge request of our OEM partners.

It's a shame such request from OEM partners did not reach us :-(

I'm sure
it is possible with a code change, if so which module needs updating?

I think it would go into yast2-firstboot, because we won't have similar dialog
in other modules.

Jiri

Thanks in advance and a Merry Christmas to all.

-Gary

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960