Re: [yast-devel] SSH key changes between stage 1 and stage 2
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 13:04:49 +0200
On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 03:54:11PM -0300, Arthur Rodrigo Sawazachi Valadares
wrote:
Hi, I noticed that after you're done with stage 1 and the systems
reboot, on stage 2 the SSH host key is different, which fires a warning
for the client who already recorded the key in it's know_hosts. I think
it would be interesting to avoid this issue by copying the keys from the
RAM in stage 1 to the disk after partitioning it and before installing
the system in it.

I wanted to hear any comments or suggestions from this list and check if
there's anything this behavior might affect for the worse.

Hi Arthur,

we already have some code which is supposed to address your issue:
http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/yast/trunk/installation/src/clients/ssh_settings_finish.ycp

You may want to file a bug (with y2logs).
--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner