Re: [yast-devel] yast qt4 ui polishing
  • From: Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:20:36 +0200
Hi Nick!

Many thanks for your offer. Of course we do accept patches, feel free to post
them on this list.

Just a little note on the 1024x600 screen issue: I suggest the behavior should
be configurable, because of high-resolution displays and the patch possibly
breaking layout of some dialogs; so far we did not count with this
eventuality.

To build YaST from sources, the probably easiest way is to use the 'y2makeall'
tool from devtools:

http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/yast/trunk/devtools/devtools/bin/y2makeall

However, it is quite time consuming, you may find easier to install newest
packages from Factory (if you run recent 11.1 Alpha) and build only the
packages which you change.

Jiri