[yast-devel] Yast improvment idea?
  • From: "Birger Kollstrand" <birger.kollstrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:11:57 +0200
Hi,

I just want to air an idea regarding Yast.

We are using SLES and openSUSE in the company as our main Linux
offering.Yast is the keys to why we use those in stead of anything
else.

But it's no supprise that most of our newcommers have never used Linux
before (We are a 90% SW company and still....)

Yast is then a very good starting point for them. One thing that is an
obstacle is that not all services that Yast can provide are easily
visible and this is where my ide comes inn.

would it be possible/nice etc. to have an extra tab in the Yast
Controll Senter section that reads something like "Uninstalled servers
and services". In this sectio would all uninstalled yast options be
listed. When clicking on one of the ubinstalled server/services then
Yast would ask to install the needed yast packages.

I think this would greatly help newcommers to find their way around
all the possibilities that are present.

If there is anyone else who thinks this might be usefull, then I'll
add it as an improvement suggestion.

cu / birger....

Devoteam Telecom Norway AS