Re: [yast-devel] YaST Workshop 2008
  • From: Michal Zugec <mzugec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 11:06:46 +0200

On Monday 23 June 2008 10:47:14 Lukas Ocilka wrote:
Stefan Hundhammer wrote:
On Friday 20 June 2008 17:26, Martin Vidner wrote:
My pet issue with the documentation is its structuring. With a
proper one, one could neatly divide it into packages, have pieces of
it drop in...
Here is a prototype:
http://www.suse.de/~mvidner/refdoc-prototype/

I agree.

The monster document known as "The Definite Guide" is useful if you want
to read all documentation, or if you want to get an overview what
documentation is available at all. But it's pure hell to search for
anything, in particular if you have a rough idea where it is. I have a
hard time finding my own UI reference documentation there...

I personally use only these pieces:

* YCP Modules

In most cases I need only modules from yast2.rpm, I suggest to separate
modules from this package, or show also needed dependency for each module.

M.