Re: [yast-devel] new YCP builtins
  • From: Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 10:41:12 +0200
On Thu, Jun 05, 2008 at 10:16:27AM +0200, Martin Vidner wrote:

I recognize that new functions make programming easier, so I
would like to see more of them. On the other hand, new builtins
come in the global namespace and thus create conflict with
existing identifiers (it has been the case with every
improvement to YCP: "default", "getenv"...).

So we have to make a digression and put the new features into a
"namespace" or whatever, so that the language stays backward
compatible.

Very true! That's infact the reason reducelist is called
reducelist and not reduce: There is a variable in bootloader
called reduce.

I had the same problem when adding sublist and I didn't add floor
and ceil due to that same reason.

I am thinking of allowing type names as namespaces for
builtins:

It seems that I should prototype this pretty soon so that we
can move forward.

Great, something for our ITO Friday :)

ciao Arvin