Re: [yast-devel] Package-Bindings
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 17:07:49 +0100
* Stefan Hundhammer <sh@xxxxxxx> [Mar 20. 2008 16:26]:
On Thursday 20 March 2008 15:44, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
All the UI algorithm does is to check if a package selectable has a newer
candidate.

See, thats exactly the point. The UI _must not_ make the 'is newer'
decision. The underlying library (talking to the solver) is the only
authorative source of this decision.

Give me a function that returns this information, and I will gladly use
it. ;-)

Now we're in total agreement. Thank you.

Yes, this functionality will be provided.

Klaus
---