Re: [yast-devel] extra-packages
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 14:57:36 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Mar 19 12:47 Jiri Srain wrote (shortened):
My idea is that every YaST module which (additionally) installs
any packages would have weak dependency on such package.
This would have following benefits:
- the package would be (by default) dragged in by the solver

I.e. with "weak dependency" you actually only mean "Recommends"
but not "Suggests"?

I think "Recommends" is often too strong and "Suggests" is often
better.

With "Recommends" a zillion of exotic YaST modules could drag in
a zillion of exotic packages.

In the end it depends on the individual case, for example
yast2-printer may recommend cups-drivers and suggest hplip,
yast2-scanner may recommend sane-backends and suggest iscan-free

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex