Re: [yast-devel] extra-packages
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:26:56 +0100
Am Mittwoch 19 März 2008 schrieb Jiri Srain:

My idea is that every YaST module which (additionally) installs any
packages would have weak dependency on such package. This would have
following benefits:
- the package would be (by default) dragged in by the solver and user would
not be bothered with installation later
This would increase the default installation for the sake of lazy
maintainers ;(

- the one who needs minimal installation is free to remove it
- the list would be with each package, hopefully more on the maintainer's
eyes (I know, I'm optimist :-) )

The question is whether we could generate the list of such packages any
automated way, ideally via similar check as (I hope) are done for strong
dependencies. Stephan?
Well, shall I sent out the list of missing packages every day? But autofs4
is dropped since 2005, so I kind of doubt this code is still in place.

Greetings, Stephan