Re: [yast-devel] extra-packages
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:55:21 +0100
Jiri Srain napsal(a):
The question is whether we could generate the list of such packages any
automated way, ideally via similar check as (I hope) are done for strong
dependencies. Stephan?

However, the problem to update the list would persist. I can imagine some
script which would check most of the cases, but it would never be 100%.

We should generate the list of these weak dependencies automatically if
possible. For that reason we would have to limit the possibilities how
to additionally install such packages.

For instance `ycpc -E $file` provides parsable output. The truth is that
the list of packages to install needn't be defined statically but
dynamically 'if (true) { packages = add (packages, "aaa"); }

Think about> If there is any easy and reliable way how get the list of
packages, please.

L.

< Previous Next >