Re: [yast-devel] extra-packages
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:51:28 +0100
Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx> writes:

Stephan Kulow napsal(a):
Am Mittwoch 19 März 2008 schrieb Lukas Ocilka:
Of course, if you don't care that BuildRequires will contain 'ALL'
packages listed in Requires, we would just simply change the 'make
package' command to add everything from 'Requires' to 'BuildRequires'.
It would be 'Fast but Furious (II.)' ;)

I don't follow. You can BuildRequire autofs4 and you will get notice
when it's dropped. Is this what you're saying?

The Requires of yast2-printer should stay untouched.

OK, sorry, I'll write it for human beings (sometimes I forget I'm a YaST
developer ;))

* YaST packages define 'BuildRequires' and 'Requires' when creating the
RPM.
* 'BuildRequires' often contain only those packages that are really
needed for the package to get build, on the other hand, 'Requires'
contain packages that are needed for the particular YaST package to
run properly.
* We often don't define packages needed only for run in the
'BuildRequires' because we thought the faster we build a package, the
best for us.

We have checks in the BuildSystem and during CD making that check for
all the requires. This happens at a later time. But if you have e.g. a
package that BuildRequires all yast-packages - like yast2-build-test
does - it will install all the Requires of the BuildRequires.

This should be enough IMO - if somebody checks failures of
yast2-build-test and changes then the packages with wrong Requires,

Andreas
--
Andreas Jaeger, Director Platform/openSUSE, aj@xxxxxxx
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany