Re: [yast-devel] Getting Rid of 2nd Stage Installation
  • From: Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:52:34 +0100
Dne Monday 10 of March 2008 13:31:35 Stefan Hundhammer napsal(a):
On Monday 10 March 2008 13:25, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Montag 10 März 2008 schrieb Stefan Hundhammer:
But what about the rest of all users, which I estimate to be ~90%?

What do you think 90% of our users change in second stage?

Setting up a printer comes to mind, entering the DSL provider user ID and
password (for those who don't have a WiFi/DSL router), to name just two.

Printer can be detected and configured automatically without user's
interaction (I don't remember when last detection failed for me),
additionally, CUPS 1.3 offers some kind of autoconfiguration (I have not yet
tried it).

DSL modems without routers are very rare nowadays IMHO (at least in the Czech
republic, cannot speak for the rest of the world). Additionally, more than
half of sold computers are nowadays laptops, where you require some mobility
and prefer NetworkManager.

Jiri

--
Regards,

Jiri Srain
YaST Team Leader
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o. e-mail: jsrain@xxxxxxx
Lihovarska 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 959
190 00 Praha 9 fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic http://www.suse.cz
< Previous Next >