Re: [yast-devel] Yast2 sw_single crashing on startup in 10.3 (zypp:svn Repository)
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:41:36 +0100
On 2/19/2008 at 13:35, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
I think the fix was in the wrong direction. especially in this example
(zypper) it might be by installing the test version fromzypp:svn that a
warning would be appropriate even for an update.

or maybe even earlier, already when adding a repo? Do we have such
functionality at this point?

Dominique
Ths repo was meant for developers or testers. We don't intended to
provide a unstable-supported-warned repository.

If during the intragration of zypp-svn into factory (for which we used
the build service) we would have needed to waste time creating warnings
for users and special packaging, then I would prefer the ability to hide
build service projects so we communicate the url only to testers ;-)

Duncan

Duncan... sboslutely! This might also be a weak point of the search interface:
just everything can be found... I'm not sure if the 'rating' system will help
much in this case... the typical windows user coming over anyhow just 'clicks..
and let's see what happens'... greater version number must be better...

so the ability to hide (or better, having first hidden and then publish)
repositories would be really great ;)

Dominique