Re: [yast-devel] Why YAST is too VAST
  • From: Katarina Machalkova <kmachalkova@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:55:11 +0100
Dne Thursday 14 February 2008 11:41:24 Andreas Jaeger napsal(a):
Just one caveat: Please keep non-GNOME/KDE systems in mind. On systems
with plain X or only a text console you want to reach everything and not
lose functionality that is currently duplicated with the desktop control
centers,

Well, if one does not want to waste disk space with installing GNOME/KDE libs
(s)he does not need for any other purpose and yet use X + some lightweight WM
(windowmaker, icewm), maybe we could adjust our scripts to start graphical
version of plain old text-mode menu, as you can see on attached screenshot

And since we now support adding icons to various widgets, to beautify this
menu we could possibly append the smallest size icon to each of those
selection box items.
Just a thought ...

frozenB.
--