Re: [opensuse-ux] Re: [yast-devel] redesign of printer module redesign
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:17:33 +0100
* Martin Schmidkunz <mschmidkunz@xxxxxxx> [Feb 11. 2008 12:15]:
Klaus Kaempf wrote:

I'm mostly concerned about consistency across YaST modules. If the
printer module now starts with left-side trees for navigation, how
does it look for other modules ?

This is done as well in Firewall, autoyast module.
The partitioner will use it after the redesign as well.

If this is the generally accepted (and 'usability' blessed) way of
navigation, I'm all for it.

IIRC, we had this discussion about 2 or 3 years ago and dismissed the
left-side tree approach.

Is there any book, where I can read what was every considered or
dismissed regarding YaST?
That would help a lot :-)

The book is called 'Sigi' ;-)

Klaus