Re: [yast-devel] redesign of printer module redesign
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 15:10:18 +0100
* Martin Schmidkunz <mschmidkunz@xxxxxxx> [Feb 06. 2008 15:52]:
Hi everybody,

a quite wise CUPS expert once said "exchange dungeons by trees" and that
was an inspiration for me to take your feedback and make another series
of mock ups:
http://en.opensuse.org/YaST/Development/Printer_Enhancement#Release_Candidate_2

What do you think about it?

Better, waaay better ;-)

- I wonder about the menu on the left side. IIRC this was already
discussed (and dismissed !) some time ago and a tab-style approach
preferred.
Other functions can be placed in an application menu bar placed
horizontally at the top of the window.

- How about combining the "Filter: Show All" label and the "Set
Filter" combo-box into one ?

- The small tool icon is nice but probably information overflow.
The "Local"/"Remote" column should be sufficient (together with
disabling the "Edit" button for remote queues.

- "Test Page" should be named "Print Test Page"

- The "Status" column in unclear. Which information does it show ?

- The "Back"/"Abort"/"Next" button row should just have a single "Ok"
(or "Done" or ...) button. There's no point in aborting the overview
imho.

Klaus
---