Re: [yast-devel] any inst_ldap-client?
  • From: Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 14:12:34 +0100
On pá 1. února 2008, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
Jordi Massaguer Pla napsal(a):
Is there any inst_ldap-client we could use for a custom installation? We
would like to set up the ldap without going into the inst_user.ycp.

The problem we are in now is that inst_user trys to show the add new
user dialog, and we do not want this to be shown, even when we accept
the default ldap configuration. Right now we are patching inst_user.ycp
but I understand this is not the way.

Any pointers?

All openSUSE or SLES/SLED installations are defined in a product control
file. This file is part of an installation repository
(CD/HTTP/whatever). If you don't want some steps and/or if you want to
add or modify some steps. Change that control file, or create additional
control file and an Add-On product that would modify the current control
file.

We use this for additional products built on SUSE Linux Enterprise and
openSUSE has the very same functionality built-in.

See this documentation:
http://forgeftp.novell.com/yast/doc/SL11.0/tdg/inst_in_general_chap.html

See also:
http://svn.opensuse.org/svn/yast/trunk/installation/control/
especially control.openSUSE.xml (the current 11.0 control file)
and add-on-template_installation.xml (special workflow for add-ons)

And especially for your case, your probably need to create your own Add-On
Product (see
http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Creating_Add-On_Media_with_YaST),
with installation.xml (which is the file describing the Add-On installation
workflow = the role of control.xml on the base product) where you defined own
steps replacing current inst_user (or even inst_auth).

Jiri

Bye
Lukas

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960