[yast-devel] selecting an additional pattern during installation
  • From: Jordi Massaguer Pla <jordi.massaguer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 18:14:32 +0100
Hi all,

I've just created the page

http://en.opensuse.org/Select_additional_pattern

that explains a way of selecting an additional pattern during the
installation. This has been used in order to let the user select between
different installation modes, that were:

- client
- server
- standalone

when the user selects the client, the client pattern is selected; when
the user selects the server, the server one is selected; and the same
for the standalone. Then, this pattern is stored in
Packages::additional_pattern variable.

This way, we can use all-in-one DVD instead of having one DVD and three
addon CDs.

This module, that presents the options using a GUI, needs of a
modification on the module/Packages.ycp, so that it adds the previously
selected pattern (the one in Packages::additional_pattern (we added this
variable, too) ).

Comments will be very welcome,

greetings,

--