Re: [yast-devel] Re: better framework for module interaction?
  • From: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:08:58 +0100
Dňa Thursday 17 January 2008 10:57:03 Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett ste napísal:
On Thursday 17 January 2008 09:51:23 Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
Another possibility is to use dbus to get communicate across processes.

Well, it is a kind of component broken but it does not look components as
we are used to but simply as UI screens to perform a task.

So I can create a button in the package manager saying
launchActivity, :editrepo, :openSUSE_10.3 and the broker will launch the
best (or configured) activity to handle that.

dbus is a possibility, but I guess what we are trying to solve is to not
have 2 processes using libzypp, and I also think it is possible right now
to launch a yast process with a module from another module.

Yes, libzypp locking is still broken.

Stano