Re: [yast-devel] Re: better framework for module interaction?
  • From: Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:57:03 +0100
On Thursday 17 January 2008 09:51:23 Stanislav Visnovsky wrote:
Another possibility is to use dbus to get communicate across processes.

Well, it is a kind of component broken but it does not look components as we
are used to but simply as UI screens to perform a task.

So I can create a button in the package manager saying
launchActivity, :editrepo, :openSUSE_10.3 and the broker will launch the best
(or configured) activity to handle that.

dbus is a possibility, but I guess what we are trying to solve is to not have
2 processes using libzypp, and I also think it is possible right now to
launch a yast process with a module from another module.

Duncan