Re: [yast-devel] Unification of Fxx keys usage
  • From: Martin Vidner <mvidner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 14:33:45 +0100
On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 02:02:54PM +0100, Bubli wrote:
Hi,

as the new version of yast2-ncurses that finally contains status line support
has been submitted to abuild today, I'd like to ask you, yast hackers and
module maintainers, for a favour. This request would be much more useful as a
chapter in yast style guide, but as we have no styleguide, I'm using this
e-mail channel.

Well, the draft style guide that collapsed under its own weight did
have a chapter exactly for this, and we based the F keys on it.
The referenced link no longer works, but let me dig up an old copy
of that chapter...

http://mailman.suse.de/mlarch//SuSE/yast2-hacker/2002/yast2-hacker.2002.11/msg00051.html

Hi,

it is possible now to assign function keys to widgets in YCP code
by adding `opt(`key_Fn).
(see
file:/develop/yast2/source/core/libyui/doc/widgets/YWidget-widget.html)
At the moment F1 - F12 can be used for the `PushButton and
the `MenuButton widget.

e.g.:
`MenuButton(`id(`menu), `opt(`key_F3), _( "&Change..." ), ...)

All dialogs should provide function keys for the text mode
(see http://w3.suse.de/~sigi/YSG/Control-of-ncurses.html).

If F1 is pressed, a common help text is shown which displays all
available function keys. If F1 is pressed again the help text of
the certain dialog is shown (if there is a widget with
`opt(`key_F1)).

The feature is available with yast2-ncurses-2.7.3.

Gabi

--
Martin Vidner, YaST developer
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner