Re: [yast-devel] My first ycp dialog :)
  • From: Jiri Srain <jsrain@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 09:06:58 +0100
Dne Friday 04 of January 2008 08:44:22 Thomas Goettlicher napsal(a):
On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 18:02 +0100, Stefan Hundhammer wrote:
On Thursday 03 January 2008 17:51, Bernhard Walle wrote:
Why should we encourage people to do that?

Because the release notes contain highly important information that
*everybody* should read before using the newly installed openSUSE!

I've only been installing SuSE Linux for 10+ years (so I can't really
tell), but I have yet to see the first of our release notes that don't
blather about a zillion utterly irrelevant things. Plus, when I am
installing, I have a lot of other things on my mind. Even if I would take
about the stuff in the release notes it would have to wait until I'd find
time - which is when I start using the system.

What about showing the release notes while packages are installed? At
this step of installation the user might be bored to watch the progress
bar and has a lot of time to read the release notes.

This is already possible with 10.3. The sad thing is that only the release
notes from the media are shown (not the ones which are on-line if they are
updated) and only the release notes of the base product is shown (in case of
add-on products being installed together with openSUSE.

Jiri

--
Regards,

Jiri Srain
YaST Team Leader
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o. e-mail: jsrain@xxxxxxx
Lihovarska 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 959
190 00 Praha 9 fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic http://www.suse.cz
< Previous Next >
List Navigation