Re: [yast-devel] 11.0 Alpha Yast Installer Font
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 12:37:40 +0100
Am Donnerstag 03 Januar 2008 schrieb Bryen:
This should probably be mentioned over in Factory, but I thought I'd
come here straight to the source. :-)

I just downloaded the latest Alpha Boot CD to install on my test
machine. I see the new, and beautiful green Installer that Coolo
mentioned in a previous post.

Only problem I have, as a low-vision person, is that its a bit harder to
read. I'm not sure if the font size is the same as it was in the old
installer or if it is due to the new background contrast.
The current theme is bascically a very first draft and I wouldn't expect it to
stay for the final.

Also, I tried the installer twice, first in 1024 resolution and then in
800 resolution, and both times, the font size remained apparently the
same. But text did get cut off along some edges in the 800x600
resolution.
The font size in pixels or in mm on your screen? There is code to pick
different pixel size values for different resolutions and it worked fine for
me.

I have not tried just standard text mode yet. But low-vision folks
shouldn't have to sacrifice the beauty of the new installer. :-) We
just need to find a way to manage font size for the installer. Or is
there a way to do that currently, and I'm not aware?

I'm not sure what you're after. Perhaps you can post a screenshot of what
you're currently seeing.

Greetings, Stephan