Re: [yast-devel] yast2-ncurses has a status line :)
  • From: Klaus Kaempf <kkaempf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:16:35 +0100
* Stefan Hundhammer <sh@xxxxxxx> [Dec 19. 2007 12:55]:
On Wednesday 19 December 2007 12:51, Klaus Kaempf wrote:
We should probably stop looking at single responses and watch
the competition instead. At least those distributions attracting
a significant amount of (new) Linux users.

IMHO we should finally STOP copying what others are doing and try to set
standards by innovation instead.

I didn't say 'copy' but 'watch'. And its not about blindly doing what
others do but about setting boundaries.

Innovation is only useful, if it serves a particular need. And watching
projects attracting lots of people is useful in determining their needs.

Another boundary for us is resources. Looking at the majority of
YaST helptexts, it doesn't seem as we have a sufficient amount of
help text writers to fill the space.

Klaus
---