Re: [yast-devel] yast2-ncurses has a status line :)
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:59:43 +0100
Am Mittwoch 19 Dezember 2007 schrieb Lukas Ocilka:
Bernhard Walle wrote:
* Katarina Machalkova <kmachalkova@xxxxxxx> [2007-12-18 12:20]:
Hola brave yast hackers!

As I kept receiving user complaints that the navigation in yast
text-mode UI is a bit clumsy, I took my ITO and decided to do something
with it. Here's the first bigger improvement (I hope so):

BTW: Is it possible to remove the help window on the left on user
behalf? Maybe pressing Fx toggles just the help window on the left,
regardless in which YaST module the user is.

This sounds like a good idea ;) e.g., F12 is probably not reserved.

Additionally ncurses could even remember the help-text state for its
next run however I don't think this is possible because YaST isn't
root-only and we would have to store the state for every single user.

For the record: yast-gtk never had help inline and I moved it to a popup
for yast-qt too, so perhaps ncurses should follow the crowd and provide
help by popup only too.

Greetings, Stephan