Re: [yast-devel] yast2-ncurses has a status line :)
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:35:17 +0100

Bernhard Walle wrote:
* Katarina Machalkova <kmachalkova@xxxxxxx> [2007-12-18 12:20]:
Hola brave yast hackers!

As I kept receiving user complaints that the navigation in yast text-mode UI
is a bit clumsy, I took my ITO and decided to do something with it. Here's
the first bigger improvement (I hope so):

BTW: Is it possible to remove the help window on the left on user
behalf? Maybe pressing Fx toggles just the help window on the left,
regardless in which YaST module the user is.

This sounds like a good idea ;) e.g., F12 is probably not reserved.

Additionally ncurses could even remember the help-text state for its
next run however I don't think this is possible because YaST isn't
root-only and we would have to store the state for every single user.

Lukas